Marketing Assistant Job Description
Position is responsible for assisting in Recreational Services social media and contributing to the creative efforts of the Recreational Services department. The Marketing Assistant will report to the Associate Director- Communication and Development and
to the Communication and Marketing Assistant in an effort to create marketing content for campus recreation campaigns, programs, and social media. This is a student position and the student must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at Kansas State University.
The job will require 10-12 hours per week. Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule during the work week and possible weekends.
- Assists in developing creative ideas and concepts for comprehensive marketing campaigns and associated materials in both print and electronic media that meet university branding guidelines
- Assists in the design of marketing materials and resources
- Takes a creative role in developing concepts for content creation
- Shoots and edits photo and video
- Assists in managing Recreational Services social media accounts
- Assists in creating and editing high quality graphic design for both print and digital platforms
- Assists in developing print and electronic publications including brochures, flyers, announcements, newsletters, and blogs
- Distribute marketing materials through various marketing channels
- Anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Other duties as assigned
• Social Media management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and strategy experience
• Working knowledge of computer design tools using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Experience with photography and videography
• Strong writing skills
• Attention to detail and willingness to learn
• Ability to collaborate with Recreational Services professional staff and sponsors.
$9.25 per hour for 10-12 hours a week
Job begins in August for the start of the Fall 2021 semester.
Accepting applications until position is filled.
For questions, please do not hesitate to call John Wondra or Denise Telck at 785-532-6980.